Every day, I get thousands of messages asking how I start my day? How am I able to balance my personal and professional life? How am I so fit? How am I glowing every day?
It’s so overwhelming but it’s achievable. I believe your mornings can set the tone for your entire day. It can mean a super-productive day or a boring or lazy one. Yet many people take their mornings for granted. It’s one of our habits to repeatedly hit the snooze button or try to sleep for more than 5 minutes. But we forget that morning is very essential as they create your day, your mood, your happiness. It becomes a cycle – Wake up stressed, spend the rest of the day the same way, go to sleep feeling anxious and repeat.
Why is Morning Routine important?
- It provides balance in thoughts
- Reduce emotional stress
- Feel productive and organised
- Maximise positive energies
What is my Morning Ritual?
So, my mornings are all about creating positive thoughts in my mind so that I feel positive and productive for the rest of the day.
- First thing I do when I wake up– I sit on my bed, close my eyes and chant Waheguru 7 times to balance all my chakras. Then I thank the universe for the clean water I drink, healthy food I eat, the loving family I have and all the good things in my life. I count all my blessings which makes me feel positive and happy throughout the day.
- After waking up– Lukewarm water followed by 1 litre normal water. I take G- LEUHR Wheat Grass and G-LEUHR Vegiherb. It is rich in antioxidants like vitamin A, E and C which can also stimulate collagen production, which is vital for youthful skin.
- Exercise -1-hour relaxing yoga- Pranayama, deep breathing Surya Namaskar and stretching. After this I do eye exercise looking out of my window. I look at nature, greenery, fresh air and absorb all the positivity from my surroundings.
- I get ready– After this I do oil pulling (with virgin coconut oil) followed by bath.
- I pray– After getting fresh and ready, I do Nitnam- which is a collection of Sikh hymns.
Morning Skincare routine
My skin type is dry. Dry skin type is likely to show early signs of ageing as the skin tends to get dry, dehydrated, and flaky. It tends to lose plumpness prematurely, if not nourished on a regular basis. So, I make sure my morning routine is defensive so that I can prepare my skin for the whole day stress, pollution, and UV rays.
So here it is…..
Step 1- Cleanser: Cream-based, or foam based. It removes dirt and oil without disrupting the outer layer of my skin.
Step 2– Serum: I use Vitamin C serum, which is rich in antioxidants, boost collagen giving glowing, firm, and youthful skin, followed by G-LEUHR Eye Revive Serum around my eyes. I apply it 2 times a day (morning and night). The skin around the eyes usually shows early signs of ageing of fine lines, applying cream-based eye serum to give volume and plumpness around eyes is really important.
Step 3- Moisturiser: Thick cream based. I use G-LEUHR Collagen Cream which is enriched with hyaluronic acid that helps to hydrate and nourish the skin deeply. Yes as the name suggests it boosts collagen giving a glowing and tightening effect to my skin.
Step 4– Sunscreen: Cream or lotion based. I make sure it contains hyaluronic as well. For me, SPF 50 + works well (non-comedogenic UVA and UVB broad-spectrum). A broad-spectrum sunscreen protects from both. UVA rays can prematurely age your skin, causing wrinkling and age spots. UVB rays can burn your skin. Too much exposure to UVA and UVB rays can even cause skin cancer.
Step 5- Optional: I apply G-LEUHR BB cream before applying make-up.
In winters, for dry skin I use Vitamin C face wash, Vitamin C Eye Serum, Followed by Moisturiser and Sunscreen. In the end, I apply RoseHip oil or Virgin Coconut Oil before applying BB cream.
#Essential Tip: As dry skin needs to be nourished and hydrated regularly, the skincare products used by you should be very nurturing – So adding Cold Pressed Oils, virgin coconut oil, rosehip oil, pure Cow’s Ghee or Ayurvedic Herbs, which can nourish and rehydrate the skin.